PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Yazoomark

Lurker
Jun 1, 2024
Elkton, VA
I don't know if he will see this post, but I want to publicly acknowledge the generosity of a member in these forums. His name is Edger if anybody knows him. I recently reached out to him because through the search engine, I found out he had a couple Al Baier pipes. The backstory is that my dad and I would go visit Al's shop outside of Manchester, VT in the nineties. I was in my late teens at the time and I couldn't afford one of Mr. Baier's pipes but I was always in awe of them. Sadly, Mr. Baier has passed away and his shop is no longer there. So now that I can afford one, I can't find one. Lo and behold, Edger reaches out to me and tells me he is going to send me the nicer of his two Baier's. For free! I was hoping just to see a few pictures of the pipes. The pipe arrived a day or so ago and I have been flooded by memories of my dad and I on our fishing trips to Vermont and visiting Mr. Baier's shop. This is another reason why pipe smokers are the best people on the planet. Thank you Edger!image.jpg

GardenStateoftheArtBriar

Might Stick Around
Jul 29, 2024
New Jersey
I hope Jiminks doesn't mind me quoting him non-verbatim - '..the kindness and generosity of pipe smokers/community experienced is matched by no other'
I know I've experienced it first hand - and more than once!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hillcrest