PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Briarcutter

Can't Leave
Aug 17, 2023
U.S.A.
I thought I'd pass on a tip for a shop vise. I certainly did not invent it as I remember as a kid my dad had these on the vise in the garage. After twenty years of listening to the clang when the handle dropped I got the idea of using garden hose washers for my vise handle. I didn't know if they would fit but I tried it and they work great. A tight squeeze getting them on but they 20240817_133914.jpgwork like a charm. If you're annoyed by thet clank every time the handle drops you may want to try it. They are the green washers on the vise handle.

Last edited by a moderator:

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
17Aug2024
I thought I'd pass on a tip for a shop vise. I certainly did not invent it as I remember as a kid my dad had these on the vise in the garage. After twenty years of listening to the clang when the handle dropped I got the idea of using garden hose washers for my vise handle. I didn't know if they would fit but I tried it and they work great. A tight squeeze getting them on but they View attachment 330650work like a charm. If you're annoyed by thet clank every time the handle drops you may want to try it. They are the green washers on the vise handle.
I didn't realize you're a carver even though your name clearly suggests it. Where can we see your pipes?

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
2,765 actually😉

He's not joking ^^^^

For anyone who has been wondering for the past few months who stealthy commenter "Briarcutter" might be--- because it was obvious he's the Real Deal but shy about it---here ya go.

(Yes, he'll be pissed at me, but with one of the Internet Era's worst unintended consequences being fifty PipeWorld "experts" spawned every 24 hours, having a voice of authentic mastery in the house will give this board something few others have.)