PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

carcosa

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 21, 2013
According to Cigar Afficianado, Xikar will sharpen their cigar cutters for free if you send it in:

However when I contacted Xicar this is what they said:

Hi Sean,

Since the blades are small and not easily reachable we do not sharpen cutters. We would also not recommend to have your cutter taken apart as this would result in the warranty being voided.

If you feel as if your cutter is not working up to standard, you can definitely have it sent in to our warehouse and we can definitely have that replaced for you.

Kind regards,

-Genesis

Customer Service Team

XIKAR, Inc.

3350 Enterprise Ave Suite 120

Weston, FL 33331

866-676-7380

On Thu, Mar 5, 2020 at 1:38 AM:

Is it true that if my Xi2 gets dull I can send it in to get it sharpened? If
not can you recommend how to sharpen this cigar cutter? I have sharpened my
own knives a couple times

Thanks for your time

I guess either Cigar Aficionado is just wrong, or the customer service rep didn't know what they were talking about. Anyhow the Xi2 is a great cutter, just wish I didn't have to toss it if it ever gets dull. Right now I have cut about half a dozen cigars with it and it works great.

How many cuts can you get out of one of these before they go dull anyhow?

Reactions: madox07 and BROBS

madox07

Lifer
Dec 12, 2016
Not sure about the xikar, as I only have an ultra combo, which I haven't used extensively, but I do own a Colibri of London cutter since 2006, and it cut hundreds of cigars - especially toscanos being cut in half puts far more strain on a cutter than your regular cigars. It still works great, 13 odd years later, although I do feel that it started to lack that clean of a cut as of late.

mikestanley

Lifer
May 10, 2009
Akron area of Ohio
The Davidoff double blade cutters are supposed to be self sharpening. I've had my Davidoff for over a dozen years with no issues. I bought an Xikar for my golf bag last Winter. Used it quite a bit since, that is where I usually enjoy a cigar. No feeling that it isn't every bit as sharp as it was day one.
Mike S.

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
The company changed hands a couple of years ago. Sharpening may have been done by the old owners, but as the email you received says, you can get it replaced under the lifetime warranty. Mine has been great for many years and cigars.

Reactions: 3rdguy
Status
Not open for further replies.