PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Often I’ve read that a tobacco is creamy but I had only glimpses of it with Pirate Kake and a few different Balkan’s the Pirate Kake being way too much of a Lat Bomb.

Yesterday however I smoked some Samuel Gawith Commonwealth and I experienced what seemed like a 5 course meal from char lite to ash creamy all the way.

The deeper I explore the more profoundly distinct the flavors become, again blown away I had no idea the variety of blends.

Commonwealth is described as 50/50 Va and Lat ( there is some Lakeland in the center where they meet but it’s subtle)

Highly recommended if you like a lot of Latakia but Pirate Kake is too much…

PS be sure to smoke it in a Lat designated pipe it’s sure to ghost

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
Nice review. I love blends with creamy mouth feel. Don’t think I have tried Commonwealth or if I did it was many years ago. Some other blends that have some creaminess to it for me are SPC Plum Pudding, 965 (not sure of the current version - I’m still smoking bulk from 2000) and Kendal Cream Flake.

Reactions: vosBghos

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Commonwealth is one of the great “undiscovered” blends.
When SP first came online I could order it for 22USD/pound.
And you’re exactly correct. It’s creamy smoky loveliness.
I’ve been off Latakia for more than a decade, but damned if I don’t want to dig in a mason jar right now….

vosBghos

Lifer
May 7, 2022
Idaho
Nice review. I love blends with creamy mouth feel. Don’t think I have tried Commonwealth or if I did it was many years ago. Some other blends that have some creaminess to it for me are SPC Plum Pudding, 965 (not sure of the current version - I’m still smoking bulk from 2000) and Kendal Cream Flake.
SPC PP is one I got into right away and it was so hyped that I think I lost interest ( and I had no understandin/palate at the time) I’ll have to revisit it , need to crack my tine of 965 now, The KC I smoked in a clay to taste I’ll have to check it in some briar now. Loving the journey so far Commonweath = mind blown also on a different not entire Solani Silver sweet red VA and Dark Kentucky , these simple 50/50 blends are exquisite