PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

4dotsasieni

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 6, 2013
Whoa! How did I suddenly become a "Senior Member"?? I assume that refers to my age. :oops:

Jul 15, 2011
IIRC, you reach the status of "Senior Member" once you have been active in the forum for six months and have reached more than 250 posts. Someone, long ago and far away, posted a chart that broke down how you achieved different member status but I cant seem to find it at the moment.

hodirty

Lifer
Jan 10, 2013
Good job 4dot, I'll be there on the tenth. Eagerly awaiting upping my status.

pipestud

Lifer
Dec 6, 2012
Robinson, TX.
I personally think the chart should reflect member status by length of time as a member of the forum rather than number of posts made. The way it is set up now, two people who joined a year ago can have completely different status. One might be a Senior Member while the other is a New Member, based on the number of posts made. If member status were based on time as a member of the group, we'd have less "post races," with less junk responses to weed through such as "Yep, I agree" or "Atta boy," and other clutter... But hey, some folks probably think whatever I write (whether two paragraphs or two words) is clutter. Just thought I'd toss in my two cents as I strive to get rid of my "New Member" status. :wink:
Pipestud

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
"This allows you to post while having a 'senior moment'"
Hell, I've been doing that since my first post!
Thanks, everyone, for the explanations.

pstlpkr

Lifer
Dec 14, 2009
Birmingham, AL
Thanks, everyone, for the explanations.
You're welcome 4dot....

What were we talking about?
icon_scratch.png

:puffy:

bobpnm

Lifer
Jul 24, 2012
Panama City, Florida
Only from the mind of Cortez! :rofl:
Congrats 4dot on enough senior moments to become a senior member. Now on to preferred moments! So can someone quantify the nature and number of preferred moment qualifying someone for preferred membership? I think I had one in the shower today! :D

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
".and here's your very own Official PipesMagazine.com Senior Walker And Pipe Smoker's Caddy!"
I love it! Now I can hobble around smoking my pipe and drawing inspiration from the smiling faces of the forum moderators. :worship:
Is that Kevin with a beard?

jbbaldwin

Aug 1, 2012
Phonomet, just tell us what you're smoking in the "What Are You Smoking" thread every time you fire up a bowl - your status will change and you'll be providing information to those who like to know that sort of thing (including me - I love to see what everybody's smoking).

4dotsasieni

Jan 6, 2013
".and here's your very own Official PipesMagazine.com Senior Walker And Pipe Smoker's Caddy!"
I meant to say. "Is that Kevin with a fuller beard?"

Status
Not open for further replies.