PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
With two restorations threads remaining, I thought I better squeeze this delicate wee number into the series.

I recently acquired this Imperial Two Point from a random estate sale with a Meer-lined Kiko bent. I have chosen not to include pics of the Kiko as a restoration and save it for the ugly pipes thread going – think partial rustication vis-à-vis vice grips while patching a hole with putty. Smokes like a champ though and is nice change up for my unpretentious workhorse rotation that I use for gardening…or chain sawing like Warren.

Anyhos…

This Two Point inhabits the metaphorical ‘top shelf’ in my pipe cabinet with a few other prized pieces of Britwood. While the renown of Civic Co. and/or Imperial Tobacco Co. may pale in comparison to some of the other houses of the early 20th century, this pipe certainly holds its weight. It has that feather light feel and balance which makes you grin ear to ear when charring up your chosen morsel of aged nightshade.

I’m pretty sure I will dedicate this pipe to Virginia flakes, as since I only smoke these occasionally it will help make them all the more special. I have also noticed that the larger draft hole which carries right through to the bore somehow assists in controlling their bite (for me) without interfering with the flavour profile…I also took it as a bad omen when I loaded her up with Pegasus for the first time around the block and dropped it in chicken shit…but hey, the silver has now polished up nicely.

My understanding is that the Imperial Two Point was introduced in the late 30s as part of the Old Bruyere family, before becoming a line in its own right, up until the 60s.

If anyone has any detailed information about these pipes I would love to hear from. I have seen a few of them around, but this is the first I have stumbled upon with the silver collar.

Happy smoking.

Dave

P1011453.jpgP1011455.jpgP1011456.jpgP1011457.jpgP1011458.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.