PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
biggest differences with other pipes from my understanding. The break in period isn't as nice, the weight, not as durable as briar (more flammable), and biggest less interesting grain.
Never really felt a need for one but don't see any reason not to smoke one at the same time. Frankly I'd rather just get a cob but if it calls to you go for it.

Reactions: bangzoom

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
biggest differences with other pipes from my understanding. The break in period isn't as nice, the weight, not as durable as briar (more flammable), and biggest less interesting grain.
Never really felt a need for one but don't see any reason not to smoke one at the same time. Frankly I'd rather just get a cob but if it calls to you go for it.
More flammable? Yikes...concerning indeed.

bangzoom

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 25, 2023
North of the Equator
I wrote MM regarding the BWC #11 Hickory pipe...below is their very prompt and honest response: (great company indeed)
"To be very honest, I don't really know. We primarily make corn cob pipes and I can tell you how the corn cob pipe smokes verses a briar, but I'm just not sure about the Hickory pipes. The BWC #11 pipes are old Buescher Pipe bowls that we found in the back of the warehouse here. We didn't make them nor do we have really any experience with them. I would think that they would smoke similar to our Ozark Mountain pipes which are made from birch. The Ozark Mountain pipes do smoke very well and are very popular with our customers. Thanks!"
Marilyn
Missouri Meerschaum Co.