PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Zamora

Can't Leave
Mar 15, 2023
Olympia, Washington
On Sunday I went up to Viking Fest, so naturally I paid Doug at Cargo Hold a visit. When I went last year we couldn't chat for long because I went on Saturday which is when the Norway Day Parade is so it was busy. It was far less busy when I went on Sunday and we were able to have a nice conversation, he was very helpful in helping me pick out an estate pipe. I went with a Danish Sovereign, I'd wanted a Dane for a while.

In the weeks leading up to the trip I was very meticulous in figuring out which blends I wanted to purchase, I love Englishes and licorice so Bengal Slices was a natural choice, I wanted to try a Kentucky so I went with Three Nuns since it's popular and from what I've read it doesn't sound like it's as nicotine heavy as others, and I wanted to try a straight VA (I've only had Sweet Virginia so far and found it dull) and figured Capstan Blue was the best choice. I planned on getting either Escudo or Mallard Plus Perique but I chanced upon the Dorchester and couldn't pass it up, I also wanted to get Maltese Falcon but they were out so I got Sasieni instead at Doug's recommendation. Now I just need to get some mason jars, I can't wait to try them but I'm not sure what I'll go with first.20240519_213727.jpg

lraisch

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 4, 2011
Granite Falls, Washington state
It's a bit of a trip for me to get there, so I've only managed it once when I had a good excuse. Doug is a nice guy, and we had a lengthy chat. He also gave me a good deal on several tins.

His wife runs the kitchen supply store opposite which amused me because my wife and I daydreamed about the exact same set-up when we were first married.

Reactions: ThermionicScott