PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

mikecronis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 5, 2021
1644288966138.png

Smells of the same stuff like Peterson Early Morning, or more-so Balkan Sasieni with the Orientals, Perique, and Latakia mixture here. Being an aromatic fan I'm intrigued with these English blends.

Comes out in thick 1" ribbon cakes easily Z-folded into my Peterson Dracula 999 and packed tightly down with the standard 4-light & tamp starting technique and stayed lit throughout as usual.

Strong notes of raisin and deep, dank-wet woods with a bit of what seemed to be a few drops of fermented lemon juice (to me anyway). Cavendish vanilla comes in-and-out distantly but richly as well. A bit skunky and heavy-ish but not as such as the infinite complexity of Balkan Sasieni but more-so than Pete's Early Morning. Quite tasty. Almost a molasses sugar note.. almost.

This reminds me of a very good cigar taste, perhaps like La Aurora Ruby Madurno at times. I can see why a lot of cigar lovers prefer English blends. Room note is dark cigar-esque but rather rich and high-end without the violent cigar 3-day-aftertaste.

I didn't want to have this one end and considered a 2nd bowl but the nicotine was right at medium and didn't want to press my luck with a very light buzz towards the end in a pleasant and correct way. No drying was necessary out of the tin. Probably will cellar amazingly. Looking forward to trying the Special Reserve and Bourbon Aged.

Recommended.

1644289628763.png