PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
So in my occasional perusing on the Savinelli website, I've noticed something. Under the list of their series, they used to have the "Dry System" series. Then I noticed that they had both a "Dry System" and "New Dry System" series. And then yesterday I went back to the website, and the "Dry System" series is done, leaving only the "New Dry System".

It is my understanding that all the "New Dry System" pipes are going to be 9mm, as they are the only ones listed there now. Does anyone have any additional insight into that? From my searching, most shops still carry the 6mm options, with the exceptions of some European stores.

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Interesting. I hope someone can give us an update. If only their dry system pipes had fishtail stem options, I’d be in the market.
Yeah, I thought it was strange. Perhaps they see more of a market with 9mm filter options, or maybe there is some other rationale.

Are you not a fan of the p-lip in general? I honestly think that their p-lip is more comfortable than the Peterson ones. The stem is flatter (like a fishtail), whereas the Peterson is more rounded. My tongue also rests where it should far more naturally with the Savinelli, although I have no idea why that is the case. But I can understand why people can't get around the p-lip idea

Reactions: romaso and Casual

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
So in my occasional perusing on the Savinelli website, I've noticed something. Under the list of their series, they used to have the "Dry System" series. Then I noticed that they had both a "Dry System" and "New Dry System" series. And then yesterday I went back to the website, and the "Dry System" series is done, leaving only the "New Dry System".

It is my understanding that all the "New Dry System" pipes are going to be 9mm, as they are the only ones listed there now. Does anyone have any additional insight into that? From my searching, most shops still carry the 6mm options, with the exceptions of some European stores.
No insight into the new dry system but it appears that the old 6mm system maybe 25% off. I was looking at 320s and 321s on two large online sites and the prices seem to be reduced about 25% so maybe they are phasing out 6mm filters ??? By the way several system pipes have fishtail stems; I believe it has to do with shape.

jiminy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 27, 2017
Saskatchewan, Canada
Update: it looks like the "New Dry System" pipes are going to be offered in 9mm and 6mm after all. Not sure why I read it would be 9mm only, but I swear the website said that for a while, and even Savinelli's reply to my email seemed to indicate that. of course, there could have possibly been a misunderstanding if there was a language barrier. So I'm not really sure what is all that different with the "New" vs "Old"

Pipeoff

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 22, 2021
Western New York
I smoke several 6mm that seem to require more frequent balsa filter change. The Dr. Pearl 9 MM may work better. The dry system is a modified well system with a wide up draft, more comfortable than Peterson especially for clenching. Excellent choice for the $.

Reactions: romaso