PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
I'm currently on vacation with my wife and while visiting her grandfather in Georgia. I managed to find 10 or 11 old pipes in his grain bins on his property and was told I could keep them. I already know that 1 or 2 of them will not be salvage able due to burnouts through the heel. However, I hope to be able to eventually send them off to someone to get them repaired to a smoking condition. My question is, are some of these salvage able, and and can someone estimate the costs of fixing some of these up? I realize that in most cases here, the repair cost will far outweigh the value of the pipes, and but they have a large centimental value to my wife. I anyway, so here are the pictures I have of them so far.

20120718_211432.jpg

20120718_211443.jpg

20120718_211556.jpg

-Stephen

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
I have a friend who restores pipes, I could email him asking if he could restore them for you. He does it for a good price. Let me know if you are interested.

galeon

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 12, 2012
That would be amazing. ultimately, it boils down to who my wife chooses. I also won't be able to send all of them off at once. But I trust this forum to give me reputable restorer.

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
Thank you for the pictures and the story. Those sir, are some very beat up pipes lol.
There are several reputable members on the site who do outstanding restore jobs. Make sure you get a few references before sending them to someone you don't know.
There's a sponsor on the site clarkpipes.com who you could call and work out what the restoration would cost.
I'm sure other members will post up more places for you to take your business. Shop around.
Welcome to the forums. :puffy:
Edit:
If you haven't allready check out this thread with more pipe restoration websites. Shop shop shop.
http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/pipe-repair-2

Status
Not open for further replies.