PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
I received the Rhodes bulldog today from Michael Glukler at Briar Blues.
The pipe is actually more beautiful in person than the photos convey. It is light as a feather, has an outstanding draw and nearly perfect proportions. The detailing where stem and shank meet is crisp and lovely and perfectly wrought. The stem is carved in the slightest of fishtails that you almost cannot see in the photo, but makes the pipe utterly elegant. The rustication is unique -- shallow and precise with a perfectly defined smooth band standing proud at the equator (where bulldogs typically have a slight groove)and a likewise smooth rim around the bowl.
I'll be smoking it tonight and I expect great things.
Ordering with Michael is a little unusual, but a pleasure. He does not have online ordering, so everything is done by email. He also does not take credit cards, only PayPal and -- get this -- personal checks. I don't do PP, so I sent Michael a check. He sent out the pipe BEFORE he received my check, because he was headed out on a trip the next day. In all respects, a real gentleman.
Some pictures of the Rhodes, stolen from the Briar Blues site:
Rhodesbulldog2.jpg

Rhodesbulldog.jpg

bentmike

Lifer
Jan 25, 2012
Very nice. I like the way bulldogs sit in the hand so that rustication has to make it feel even better than it looks.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
Great pipe and I've never heard anything but praise from Micheal at Briar Blues, so I'm not surprised there. But, these days with some sketchy vendors, it is good to acknowledge a quality vendor who delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.