PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

STP

Administrator
Sep 8, 2020
Northeast USA
IMG_1713.jpeg

I’m a fan, and have several. A little backdrop on the brand:

“Fabbrica di Pipe di Radica Rossi was founded in 1886 in Barasso, Italy, by Ferdinando Rossi and was considered to be the world's largest manufacturer of tobacco pipes in the early 1900's. Sadly, the factory was shuttered for a myriad of reasons just shy of its 100th anniversary. Savinelli revived the Rossi brand due in part to a longstanding friendship between Ferdinando Rossi and Achille Savinelli, and has created numerous affordable, no-frills Rossi-branded pipe series manufactured with the quality you expect from Savinelli.”

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Well that explains what crossed my mind yesterday. I was surfing pipes and saw one. First thought was that it was a sav…guess thats why! It was a sharp looking author shape but sav shapes are not my typical style.

BingBong

Part of the Furniture Now
Apr 26, 2024
London UK
The Sarome pipes I have seem to be a low-end Savinelli product - Sarome is actually a UK importer who import Savinelli and a bunch of other stuff (fragrances, backgammon sets, you name it). I suspect that Sarome branded pipes are actually from the Rossi factory and they are very good, despite being among the cheapest on the market.

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
You'll find Rossi gets plenty of love on this forum. For the price, they are tough to beat. I myself am not too keen on them because I find that most of their pipes are too small for my tastes. But they are great pipes for the price. I usually recommend them, Sav, Stanwell, or a decent Peterson system for new pipe smokers looking for a good briar that won't break the bank.