Review: Peter Stokkebye "Nougat" (PS24 Nougat)

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pipelady20

Can't Leave
Apr 17, 2020
East coast, USA
www.pipesmagazine.com
I ordered this one because I read that the actors on Lord of the Rings could agree to smoke this one. So being a fan of course I had to try it and get an ounce. Then I have read that this is a blend that B&Ms tend to relabel under their own brand. It took me a few weeks to finally get to this one and I wish I had not waited.

I somehow expected this to be a more English-type blend and was pleasantly surprised when a lovely aroma was coming out. I had not read the description in weeks.

It's an aromatic of black Cavendish, burley, and African Virginias. I couldn't pinpoint the odor except that it was smooth and smelled delicious. It seemed to have more fullness in the smoke than say Lane 1Q. The profile says there's vanilla and chocolate. Really good stuff. I plan on getting more and suggest this one for anyone who wants a tasty aromatic.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I have various PS blends, none aromatic that I think of, but I was always curious what constitutes nougat. In a candy bar, I'd expect chocolate and vanilla, so there's continuity here. I like PS Amersterdam, English Luxury, and unflavored Black Cavendish for mixing, among others. PS seems to be good quality leaf at moderate prices.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
BROBS, that's been my experience with aromatics. If it has a Virginia base, that improves, and the flavorings ease up a little and meld better with the blend, and whether Virginia or burley based, the blends often improve somewhat or a lot.

Reactions: Bowie and BROBS

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
BROBS, that's been my experience with aromatics. If it has a Virginia base, that improves, and the flavorings ease up a little and meld better with the blend, and whether Virginia or burley based, the blends often improve somewhat or a lot.
Agreed I’ve had nothing but positive experiences aging aromatics. ?

Reactions: Bowie
Status
Not open for further replies.