PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with The Reverend Dr. Malcolm Guite. Malcolm is an English poet, singer-songwriter, Anglican priest, and academic. Born in Nigeria to British expatriate parents, Guite earned degrees from Cambridge and Durham universities. His research interests include the intersection of religion and the arts, and the examination of the works of J. R. R. Tolkien, and C. S. Lewis. He definitely fits in around here, and as you can imagine, he definitely smokes a pipe. At the top of the show, in "Pipe Parts", Brian will review Steve Davenport's pipe collection, which includes Lord Davenport pipes amongst others.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

Malcolm-Guite.jpg

The Reverend Dr. Malcolm Guite. © Lancia E. Smith – The Cultivating Project

peacepipeman

Lurker
Feb 26, 2019
Brian, listening to Dr. Malcolm Guite, while I enjoyed a bowl of Dunhill Night Cap, was a memorable experience that I did not want to end. His stories, “Smoke Rings” poem & song was just wonderful to listen to while I made my smoke rings. Thanks, for providing us 1 hour every week that us pipers can escape & share a pipe together!

Art Pagano
AKA, Peacepipeman

J-Evverrett

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 17, 2021
Meriden, CT
What a great guest! I enjoyed listening to his story, and his writing and music were definitely different. I couldn’t help but laugh a bit when I realized who he reminded me of: a pipe smoking, scholarly Pooh bear haha. What great folks turn up in our little hobby world, huh?

Reactions: jpmcwjr and edger