PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Okay, so I drink a bit when I smoke.
Okay, sometimes I drink a lot.
Anyway. I went to the 'baccy cabinet this afternoon to grab something to smoke while I was driving in the mountains of western Virginia, and I found out that I had left the top off of my Mac Baren Black Ambrosia after a smoking and drinking session the other night. It's all dried out and crispy now, and I had only smoked one bowl out of it. Is there anything I can do to save it, or did I just trade some tobacco for a lesson about closing up the damn container?

onizuka

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 28, 2010
Hrm, this is an interesting question that I'd like to know the answer to as well. I can only assume, from my limited knowledge, that what has evaporated is just water moisture. I think they do sell remoisturizing chips that you can put into the tin to restore the moisture.
Hopefully someone with more knowledge can chime in and we can both learn from your experience.

ohin3

Lifer
Jun 2, 2010
Greg Pease posted something about rehydrating tobacco by placing the tobacco in a bowl and covering with a damp towel for a period of time allowing the tobacco to slowly absorb the moisture. Search for the post. The guy buys, blends and sells tobacco so I'm sure he knows what he is talking about.

fredvegas

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 2, 2010
Good article, I'll try that.
Glad I didn't chuck the tin out the window in a fit of rage.

ernest

Can't Leave
Aug 31, 2010
If you would have chucked the tin out in a fit of rage,then that might of served as a sign that you drink to much.
But you didn't.So rejoice!
You fell off the horse,so get back on.
Start cracking open those bottles buddy,It's time to drink and see if a lesson was learned.HaHaHa.You'll know if you stayed on the horse when you check your tin the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.