PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

JVR 090

Lurker
Mar 17, 2023
I was wondering if anybody knows where to get a hold of any replacement stems, namely for this one here but I have a few I need stems for and some pipes with broken stems that I perhaps need to fix or use as a point of reference in buying new ones but I really wish to fix this one up here and it looks quite standard so I thought finding a replacement would not be such a hard feat but I struggle to find any online although I might be missing them. Any advice ?
1679216875474.png

UB 40

Lifer
Jul 7, 2022
Cologne/ Germany
nahbesprechung.net

JVR 090

Lurker
Mar 17, 2023
My dear JVR, take a look here Ebenharts Handmade Pipes & Restaurant – Creating handmade pipes since 1993 - https://ebenharts.co.za/

Ebenharts is a pipe maker from Calitzdorp. Ask him. Maybe he is willing and able to replace the stems. Otherwise maybe he needs an apprentice. He makes nice pipes.

But also Sturks in Cape Town had some replacement stems, as far as I remember.

To try to fit a stem on your own is a real mission, skip it.
Ah, I was aware he made pipes but I did not think to ask him about replacing and refurbishing, thanks for the suggestion I will be sure to look into it.

JVR 090

Lurker
Mar 17, 2023
What about the stems are they missing or just worn out? Maybe working on the old stems would be an option rather than to buy new ones.
some are missing and some of them are chipped at the back where the teeth meet the stem

Reactions: UB 40