PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Danimal92sport

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2024
Chicago USA
Hello - I’m a new pipe smoker but I’m having a lot of fun finding blends I like and getting more experienced.

I also picked up a thrift store find - a WDC baby Wellington. It’s so tiny! It was absolutely disgusting and had a huge cake build up. I reamed the bowl, cleaned the stummel and stem with probably 25 pipe cleaners and lots of alcohol. I sanded the briar and stem, stained, sanded again (for some grain contrast), polished, and waxed. I wanted a mild sheen rather than shiny and am super happy with the results. The pipe isn’t perfect, but I’m really excited to try it out tomorrow.

This forum has been really helpful over the last few weeks - thanks for everyone’s expertise and great info that has been posted over the years.

Dan

It was sprinkling when I took these pics, so there are some small rain drops on the pipe…
IMG_1769.jpeg
IMG_1768.jpeg
IMG_1767.jpeg

Danimal92sport

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 7, 2024
Chicago USA
Hey looks like new! Nice job.

Glad u added the before pics. Not because I like to see what was done, but because I just like looking at old dirty pipes.

I was a bit up in the air on refinishing, as there is definitely a place for a dirty old pipe in every collection. That’s my next task; to find one that wants to stay original.