PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
While in TN we picked up a couple of pipes at the flea market and a couple antique stores. Here are two my son got: a Royal Ascot and a Lorenzo (I think the Lorenzo might be a Sav). I reamed and sanitized them, all cleaned up inside now, yesterday; he's supposed to clean the outside himself later this week. Anyway, the RA was really nasty so I thought I'd video some of the process and share it here. Comments welcome. :puffy:
Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

rd02sir

Can't Leave
Nov 1, 2011
Wow that's a pretty hefty amount of cake in there.
Thanks for the video! Was even ether to see the weight of the cake.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Cool videos Greg. I love my castleford. It works great on those estates. Hey where did you go in TN. I live in Knoxville.

gmwolford

Lifer
Jul 26, 2012
WV, USA
Photoman, we were in the Gatlinburg area. I wrote a post on the Gatlin-Burlier tobacconist earlier today: great place and people. We stayed in a cabin up in Sivierville area with no cell service, no wifi, nothing, which is pretty much the standard for the entire area; it was both pleasant and frustrating, being unable to share and check in and whatnot the entire time pretty much.
I thought that adding the weight to show the vast difference was a cool idea (else I'd not have done it lol). I actually had reamed a Sasinei just before I did these. There was only a gram that came from it. It was/is in much better shape. I think you can see it, bent bulldog, in part of one of the videos.

photoman13

Lifer
Mar 30, 2012
Yeah sorry I saw your other thread after I read this one. Sevierville is only 25 minutes from where I live. I went to an antique store up there and asked a guy about pipes. He said there was a guy who lived in the mountains that comes and buys all their pipes and sells them on Ebay weekly. Kind of made me a little bit mad.

baronsamedi

Lifer
May 4, 2011
Dallas
My Longchamp Bulldog and Ciro Pot were like that. There was almost no room in the chamber for even a small pocket knife blade and the draft hole was totally blocked!

lankfordjl

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 29, 2011
Texas
Thanks very interesting. I've never seen anyway measure the mass the reamed out cake. Now the question would be: How much tobacco produced that amount of cake?

Status
Not open for further replies.