PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
My monday nature encounter was a hawk swooping down and grabbing one of the ducklings eating the food i put out for them, I ran out but too late, the hawk dropped it but it was barely alive, i carried it to the pond and put it in a shady spot by the water. Fuck nature and fuck the circle of life.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
My monday nature encounter was a hawk swooping down and grabbing one of the ducklings eating the food i put out for them, I ran out but too late, the hawk dropped it but it was barely alive, i carried it to the pond and put it in a shady spot by the water. Fuck nature and fuck the circle of life.
Ducks, like cats and yoghurt, are best kept indoors.

How did you get out of the well??? Did someone happen by with a rope and mule?

IMG_7471.jpeg

Find a mullen. Shave the leaves, dry it out. Its a bronchial dialator the indians used to smoke. Better than hickory.

My late mother-in-law was a Mullen. A rather woolly Mullen, to boot. Nice family.

Sobrbiker

Lifer
Jan 7, 2023
Casa Grande, AZ
No such thing as dying of old age in nature.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
We always had outdoor cats, when i grew up and had a cat there was no way i was letting it out, plus people are assholes now so it's not just wild animals it's the 2 legged animals.

Well as far as im concerned the duckling healed up, and flew south to miami, is hanging out on the beach in a floral shirt, sunglasses and stretched out on a towel under an. umbrella. That might have been a donald duck cartoon when i was younger but i'm still going with that.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
We had a doe that hung around our house. She had three legs and a batch of twins every spring. The matriarch of a large herd. She lived to be 17. The exception, to be sure.
One of the raccoons that visits every day i call Bruiser, he's beat to fuck, has 1/3rd of a tail, his face and head are all scared up, you can tell his vision isn't great and he walks with a bad limp, his fur is also turning mostly great, i don't know what old is for a raccoon but he's old and those are the reasons I call him Bruiser. He's very chill and will come right up to me for food, he's def my spirit animal.

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
One of the raccoons that visits every day i call Bruiser, he's beat to fuck, has 1/3rd of a tail, his face and head are all scared up, you can tell his vision isn't great and he walks with a bad limp, his fur is also turning mostly great, i don't know what old is for a raccoon but he's old and those are the reasons I call him Bruiser. He's very chill and will come right up to me for food, he's def my spirit animal.
Raccoons are funny.
They can be cute and gentle, and they can be vicious AF. Yesterday evening we watched a momma trash panda fend off two does, a buck and four fawns at a deer block in our backyard. As soon as it got dark, the snarling started, and man, they sound like feral hogs. I’m guess another trash panda tried to move in on the deer block.

AJL67

Lifer
May 26, 2022
Florida - Space Coast
Raccoons are funny.
They can be cute and gentle, and they can be vicious AF. Yesterday evening we watched a momma trash panda fend off two does, a buck and four fawns at a deer block in our backyard. As soon as it got dark, the snarling started, and man, they sound like feral hogs. I’m guess another trash panda tried to move in on the deer block.
When they are with their young don't fuck with them, even the most tame of the tame that came by every day for breakfast, she would eat early while the pups slept, she brought the pups and i did what i always did and went to give her grapes and she hissed and snapped at me. Better., more protective mother than most humans.