PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

kqdog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Georgia
From Georgia. I have decided on my sixtieth birthday this March to begin smoking pipe as Newcombe calls it, "Intellectual smoker." Totally nervous but the art fits my creative, rebel side. Yet I feel I've already begun by doing some heavy reading and studying. Taking it slow and making it my Zen. Wish me luck. I expect all the mistakes as I mater the art, though I think will be a student for the rest of my life. Pleasure to meet you all.

F

fMf Piper

Welcome, and I wish you all the best on this new journey.

warren

Lifer
Sep 13, 2013
Foothills of the Chugach Range, AK
Yet I feel I've already begun by doing some heavy reading and studying. Taking it slow and making it my Zen.
Well, looks as though you're already, full of conflicting information and such. Got a goal and everything. I'd suggest first you simply learn how to load and enjoy a bowl. Find out if you would enjoy smoking, learn to enjoy the nicotine. Lotsa luck!

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
Welcome to the forum, from snowy (seriously!) Southern California. Hey, we all gotta start somewhere! You're in the right place. Or is it, you're in a right place? I may be a grammar nerd, but articles were never my strong suit. 🤷‍♂️

Enjoy the journey!

Reactions: yanoJL

DeerparkDays

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 30, 2022
Dannevirke, New Zealand
Hello from an Irishman in New Zealand. When you start, relax and just enjoy it. You will make mistakes like we all did (and still are), but if you keep at it you will be rewarded with a way to spend time that’s totally at odds to how our modern world is set up. O and I wish you a happy 60th birthday for March!