PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
Well, I burned myself trying to light my Radice up, gasped in pain, and then the pipe took a tumble to the ground. The mouthpiece is now in two pieces, the tenon is stuck inside the shank and the rest of the mouthpiece is apart. I know that I'll have to take it in to a shop to get it fixed, but I would prefer if I could get a replacement from Radice.
Anyone have any clue if this is possible? And if not, what place do you recommend for getting a replacement stem?
Thanks.

-Swilly

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
That blows. I swear they should come with necklaces so we can wear them as a pendant so they'll never drop lol.
Got some pictures?
That might spur more people to put in their thoughts on the matter.

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
Good recommendation Spartan.
Also, I went on Radice's website and I emailed them about getting this fixed through one of their dealers. Luckily when I get back to the states, Iwan Ries isn't too far away so if I can get things fixed up there, that's a perfect chance to pick up some other goodies. I'll see what I hear back from them.
Here is the photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swilly/7592298834/in/photostream

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
Thanks, I really like it too, that's why it's painful for me to see it in pieces. It's a single bore.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Covington, Louisiana
postimg.cc
That stinks, but I bet a reputable shop will have no issue fixing it. Keep us posted. That might bring me to tears if one of my pipes....
7592298834_9d718b4079.jpg

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
I contacted Dave at Walkerbriarworks and it seems I'll be in luck. I'm very happy to know that my pipe will be okay. Perhaps I'll pick up one of those modded nosewarmers as well, hehe.
Thanks for the advice.
-Swilly

swilly

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2011
Well, it's been a while, but indeed I come with an update.
I sent my pipe to WalkerBriarWorks a couple weeks back and I received it just several days ago. Amazing! It really looks like new! I highly recommend Dave's work. Of course a fix won't COMPLETELY mend all wounds that have happened (since I know in my heart/mind that this pipe took a blow), but physically, the pipe is now impeccable!
Thanks again!

-Swilly

subtech77

Might Stick Around
Jul 26, 2012
I got a Silk Cut too, and understand your feelings. Glad it all worked out well for you

Status
Not open for further replies.