PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Well, I received a free block of briar with a split down the shank, so I cut it off and carved a civil war era clay pipe style bowl out of it. Then I fitted a bamboo stem, with can you guess? ... a corncob pipe bit and collar at the end.
Normally a civil war era clay pipe would use a reed with no bit at the end, but I decided to add the thins one since I had an extra lying around... of course I can always remove the collar and bit and have it natural style.
r12-civil-war-era-clay-pipe-600x600.jpg

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
Haha, I answered on R11 either last night or this morning. I'm working on a pipe or two, and some blocks just came in the mail today, so unless inspiration hits me for another style, I might actually make one to put up on bid or for private sale in about 2 pipes. so perhaps a week or 2 or 3... I'll probably try to spend more time on the sale pipe as I want it to be absolutely perfect.

joshremy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 11, 2012
I just wanted to state if I ever plan to sell any of my pipes you will be able to find them on BriarBid. At this time I am very hesitant to sell any, but if I do you'll know where to find them.
Briar Bid Auctions

Status
Not open for further replies.