PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
Yes. The shape designation followed by an “S” denotes a saddle stem.

Are they rarer? I doubt it. But I don’t have any manufacturing data or sales figures to back that up. I would imagine what type of stem a certain pipe got was driven by sales numbers and/or requests from wholesalers/vendors.

Wild chicken

Lurker
Jan 11, 2023
Yes. The shape designation followed by an “S” denotes a saddle stem.

Are they rarer? I doubt it. But I don’t have any manufacturing data or sales figures to back that up. I would imagine what type of stem a certain pipe got was driven by sales numbers and/or requests from wholesalers/vendors.
And "XS"? What does it mean? I'm a novice.😜

orvet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 1, 2023
Willamette Valley of Oregon
I have a Sasieni 4 dot Pembroke, one of my favorite pipes! I bought it from a customer and good friend around 1984. He smoked Captain medium, which is also what I smoked so there was no problem with ghosts in that pipe! Friend I got it from has long since passed away but I remember him every time I smoke the Pembroke. Great smoke and fond memories.

Reactions: Ben.R.C

Ben.R.C

Lifer
Nov 20, 2022
North Carolina
I have a Sasieni 4 dot Pembroke, one of my favorite pipes! I bought it from a customer and good friend around 1984. He smoked Captain medium, which is also what I smoked so there was no problem with ghosts in that pipe! Friend I got it from has long since passed away but I remember him every time I smoke the Pembroke. Great smoke and fond memories.
I have one on the way, with a saddle stem.