PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Start with the online retailers' posts on individual blends. SP does good specs on nearly every blend they sell. They give a lot of info on strength, constituent tobaccos, and usually the little pitch that goes with the blend actually contains some information. Then check out reviews and find the reviewers who are information rich. jiminks is often the mother lode for that. Finally, simply do a carefully titled original post on Forums with the specifics you still want, giving the information you already have. Someone on here often has real inside information on specific blends. Good luck.

Reactions: mingc

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Two thoughts, not sure if helpful.

1) try the search titles only filter

2) go through the search threads option and choose the categories that WAYS is not in

Searching titles only, (1), is a good idea but unfortunately inherently limiting; it omits from the results posts in threads about another blend where the discussion morphs into the blend you're researching.

Problem with (2) is that WAYS is in the Tobacco Discussion forum which is where posts about particular blends are normally found besides the Tobacco Review form.

Ultimately, I think WAYS should be in the General forum.
Start with the online retailers' posts on individual blends. SP does good specs on nearly every blend they sell. They give a lot of info on strength, constituent tobaccos, and usually the little pitch that goes with the blend actually contains some information. Then check out reviews and find the reviewers who are information rich. jiminks is often the mother lode for that. Finally, simply do a carefully titled original post on Forums with the specifics you still want, giving the information you already have. Someone on here often has real inside information on specific blends. Good luck.
Thanks, Tom. I was not so much trying to figure out how to research a blend in general as much as identifying a problem with how WAYS clogs up search results in this website for any particular blend. I'm now thinking WAYS should be in the General forum, outside of the forums where blends are normally discussed.

Reactions: Ahi Ka

Ahi Ka

Lurker
Feb 25, 2020
Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Interesting observation about the WAYS thread location. It could even go in the “general pipe smoking discussion” section to free up the more specific “pipe tobacco discussion” forum.

To be fair, wherever it is located doesn’t impact me personally, but I can appreciate how it might be a hassle if using the search feature.

and a third thought, just filter your search to only include threads started by all members except jiminks…this will mean you have to add us all in manually ;)

Reactions: mingc

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
Interesting observation about the WAYS thread location. It could even go in the “general pipe smoking discussion” section to free up the more specific “pipe tobacco discussion” forum.
Yes, I meant to say WAYS could go into the General Pipe Smoking Discussion forum, not the General Discussion everything else forum.
and a third thought, just filter your search to only include threads started by all members except jiminks…this will mean you have to add us all in manually ;)
Haha!