PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
i smoke anything from 6 to 8 pipes a day, so if im going out all day fishing packing alot of pipes isn't always practical but i was thinking i know you can smoke a meerschaum back to front but can you do the same for lined? since the briar is still a factor in the alchemy of the smoke.

any input would be greatly appreciated thanks guys :puffy:

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
bjeorn, congrats on your new member status! :clap:

I don't know anything about meerschaum lined pipes, but I'm glad you asked the question

-- I'm keen to know too!

(My guess is that you can work them harder, and that the briar isn't a factor. Let's see if I'm right...)

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
I don't know about anybody else, but I smoke the same pipe all day.
Congrats on your New Member status, Keep posting. :puffy:

yoru

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 5, 2011
Congratz mate -- as for meerschaum lining, I dunno, dun have one.
Clay on the other hand -- definitely good for however much you plan on smoking it, only had mine two days mind -- but I've been getting the driest, coolest, tobacco-flavour only smoke out of that thing for 9 or 10 bowls now (Its been nice out and my mind off in its own world) I run a pipe cleaner through after every smoke, and its come out 100% clean every time (damndest thing).
According to the stuff I read eventually it will fill the pores of the clay eventually, but you can just fire the thing after that and voila, brand new.
EDIt -- just noticed, apparently I changed too -- nifty n.n.

bjeorn

Might Stick Around
Oct 12, 2010
thanks for the congrats guys and congrats to yoru too, i had a churchwarden clay it was fantastic but started to get an inch smaller every week lol im a bit clumsy :D

Status
Not open for further replies.