PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

MartyA

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 5, 2024
Iowa
OK, it took me a few weeks to go ahead and post this, because I know most would ask "So how long did it take for you to figure this one out, Sherlock?" But I did some searching, etc, and couldn't really find another thread for something so obvious.

ANYWAY, I'm somewhat meticulous in cleaning my pipes, (most all of them churchwardens,) and clean them each time after I come back in from a session in my swinging chair with a book. I routinely run a bristled pipe cleaner down the stem, followed by a slightly bent softer one to scrub the sides of the hole, then cut my still pretty clean long cleaners in half to clean the bowl and shank. The SHANK is the bad part, and the part I spend the most time on... especially where it often widens out to accommodate a filter. I used to double up a few pipe cleaners to scrub this out, but then came the day when I stole a few of my wife's Q tips... MUCH quicker and more efficient! They're great for cleaning out the "moisture dump" on a cavalier too! Faster and better than pipe cleaners in the right spots... I now keep a little box of Q tips alongside my box of pipe cleaners.

OK, THERE. I DID it.

Reactions: fireground_piper