Lifer
Jun 26, 2016
Near Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Pallet

images

Palate

092317_0649_HardPalate1.jpg

Palette

48210203-wooden-art-palette-with-paints-and-brushes-isolated-on-white-background.jpg

E.g.:

I have to clean my pallet with a pressure washer, as I got Captain Black Grape all over it.

I have to clean my palate with lemon and water, as I can still taste Captain Black Grape.

I have to clean my palette, as I just finished my still life of Captain Black Grape pouches.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Good post. I sure can't keep them straight, and I hate to always look them up, and spell check doesn't help because it doesn't know which one you want. At least I've been warned to go ahead and look them up, for all the good it will do. Grumble.

Reactions: jpmcwjr

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I like the pretty pictures. They're two many words that sound the same but have different meanings.

I prefer to believe that the often variable choice regarding which spelling version gets used is not so much a factor of semi-literacy as a carrying on of a proud ancestral tradition, hearkening back to the day when a proper gentleman, having finished his daily removal of fleas from his codpiece, would take quill and parchment in hand and scribble down important correspondence in whatever spelling occurred to him at that particular moment.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
I like the pretty pictures. They're two many words that sound the same but have different meanings.

I prefer to believe that the often variable choice regarding which spelling version gets used is not so much a factor of semi-literacy as a carrying on of a proud ancestral tradition, hearkening back to the day when a proper gentleman, having finished his daily removal of fleas from his codpiece, would take quill and parchment in hand and scribble down important correspondence in whatever spelling occurred to him at that particular moment.
I prefer picture books too sable, don't feel bad .

?

Status
Not open for further replies.