PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
In 4 more days, the greatest pipe event in this country is about to start. I compare this to the Olympics of the pipe world, and as such, thought I would reveal some of the intense preparation and training techniques that are part of my pre-show strategy.

This morning- 15 miles on my bike while puffing on Stonehaven(BTW Harris- that pipe I have is the Rad you couldn't find the other day- It really does have an incredible draft when peddling at 18 miles an hour)

All the pipes on the bench- that's about 4 months of work- finished except for the stamping and final polish...and tomorrow I take a 3lb hammer and my maker's stamp and hopefully don't destroy too many of them.

Other random preparation- I've started drinking cheap bourbon at 11 in the morning in preparation for the festivities at the show...and finally, to prep my lungs for the massive amount of smoke in the tent, have started smoking hi-nic tobacco with a large garbage bag over my head....

See ya there!

2cfa803.jpg

30hrkok.jpg

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
You might want to re-think that 3 pound hammer... 8O
http://www.pipemakersforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=43&t=10313

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
You might want to re-think that 3 pound hammer...
Remember, It's not the size of the hammer, but the accuracy of the stroke...:) (Actually, the real problem is my stamp can't be driven by hand even when heated- I'm redesigning after Chicago) Haven't had a problem with 60 pipes or so, but it takes two people- Greta holding and rotating the pipe on a padded support, and me very gently tapping the die...

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Zack, I seriously hope you did not go riding with my Rad pipe, if you did you know I will have to kill you. lol I hope you have a great show and come back with no pipes. If you do come home with pipes, I will have to blame Greta as she is your salesman. I wish I could be there with all of you, but hopefully next year I will be able to make it.

Status
Not open for further replies.