PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cygnusx1

Lurker
Aug 31, 2009
Ok, so I bought some of this much talked about plum pudding stuff from Seattle pipe club. My first impression on smelling it are this. Smells like slim jims. Also kind of leathery. I was a bit taken back as I am mostly an aro guy, but figured what the heck. Light up was fairly easy. My first impression was saltly with a hint of pepper. Once going though this was a whole new animal to me. It had a creaminess that I can't explain. The pre light smell and this flavor kind of put my brain off line for a minute. There was an undertone of saltiness through the whole bowl but not overpowering. Just made you say, is that really there? I see why guys like this stuff. Room note not a hit with the ladies I am guessing. All in all it had an earthy leathery flavor that I normally don't go for but for some reason I liked it. Well, there you have it, my 2 cents. :)

Perique

Lifer
Sep 20, 2011
www.tobaccoreviews.com
While not a big English smoker, I found this an outstanding tobacco. If I were to pick just one English blend to smoke, this would be it. So much going on here. Very soft around the edges, with just enough Latakia. Nice tinge of Perique. Well balanced and a very smooth smoke. That said, I traded mine for a VaPer. But if my desert island ran out of VaPers and VaBurs, this would be in the running for my tobacco.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Wow! Thanks for the info. I am going to get a sample from P&C. Been wanting to check this blend out for the longest.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
Finally tried it and LOVE IT SO! I almost like this better the Mississippi River. . . .almost! :lol:

spartan

Lifer
Aug 14, 2011
I still can't wait to try this stuff. I really wish I was able to smoke more because my TAD list gets longer every day.
One day...

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
I hear you Spartan! My list is getting long too! For sure get a sample at least when you order more tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.