PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
nope it would vaporize it. And then it could be absorbed through the mouth. Though to feel much one would have to be really sensitive our it would have to be drenched. For a long time people thought cooking would remove the alcohol and now it's been shown that's not really the case. However since it's in food it takes a longer time to enter into the blood stream so pretty much the same basic end result.

Isn't this based on the idea that the alcohol only has one outlet, which is into the lungs? With the size of a bowl, wouldn't any residual alcohol be vaporized relatively quickly with the charring light, and although there might be an initial inhalation component, it'd effectively be subjected to atmospheric loss?

Furthermore, isn't this entire scenario predicated on the inherent permeability to air flow offered by an SPC tin opened a month ago, which we know has a plastic lid. The OP references the tin several times, so it's unlikely that it was stored in a jar after the addition of the alcohol.

My guess is that any alcohol that was initially present had evaporated well before the charring light because of the lack of an airtight seal, making this anecdote reek of delicious SPC Plum Pudding, whiskey, and bovine excrement. Otherwise, I'm going to crack a tin of the bourbon barrel aged Plum Pudding expression and get sauced!

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Since PP was so popular, got all four versions of it and started on the original. Only had two bowls so far and not impressed. To me, it's a lat bomb. Latakia takes huge center stage and others can't do much of anything. I'm hoping after few weeks, lat will settle down a little.

Reactions: rushx9 and JOHN72

JKoD

Part of the Furniture Now
May 9, 2021
IN
Since PP was so popular, got all four versions of it and started on the original. Only had two bowls so far and not impressed. To me, it's a lat bomb. Latakia takes huge center stage and others can't do much of anything. I'm hoping after few weeks, lat will settle down a little.

Give it some time. An excellent blend.

PipeIT

Lifer
Nov 14, 2020
Hawaii
I thought there would be a bit of a plum thing going on, hence the name.

I only smoked one bowl, it certainly was a Lat Critter, but it seemed somewhat on the sweet side.

Not to go off topic here, but I’d recommend to those liking English/Balkan to check out Sillem’s Black. I also only smoked one bowl, but I found it more complex, and an almost light pleasant Lakeland kind of spice going on, with the perfume, nothing at all over the top, just a nice light touch.

It was quite different for an English, I will say that. Hopefully others will experience the same too.

Etipton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 24, 2021
Tennessee
Plum pudding bourbon barrel aged is my favorite in their lines, I like to smoke it on the back porch with my feet up a bit before bedtime, smoke it slowly and enjoy the ride. To me it’s a complex excellent quality tobacco.

Reactions: telescopes

rushx9

Lifer
Jul 10, 2019
Shelby, NC
As far as getting anything from smoking alcohol, are we talking about *inhaling pipe tobacco topped with booze?
Inhaling a big whoof of pipe tobacco could certainly cause a type of loopiness, whether spiked or not.
Then again, if your gf is keen on lacing your tobacco when you aren't looking, maybe she added more than whiskey?
I can't see whatever trace amount of booze that doesn't flash away from the initial light actually being absorbed through the mouth... but I'm no Dr. Grabow, so I'd need to see some science first.
Then again, maybe this explains the popularity of swabbing stank shanks with various hooches?
Kinda doubt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.