PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

jlhog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Title edited. Thread moved. Be sure to introduce yourself if you have more than just this question!

I don't smoke a pipe, but trying to find information on this pipe. My father was stationed in Korea around the late 1950's and brought this home with him. He did not smoke either. I suppose he thought it looked cool as I do. Any and all help is appreciated.
20230225_120502_resized.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lumbridge

(Pazuzu93)
Feb 16, 2020
Cascadia, U.S.
Welcome to the forum! I would suggest posting this in the Pipe Talk section. You'll be more likely to get information about it there.
I've never seen one like it. Could have been made by an artist local to the area where he bought it, but I'm just throwing that out there.

Reactions: jlhog

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Welcome! More pictures will help, especially if there is any nomenclature on it anywhere. Ex: names, makers, areas, etc.

I have no idea on these kind of painted pipes.

However I have seen Japanese painted pipes listed at many thousands of dollars (I think 40K if I trust my memory)

For all its worth, the eBay pipe that is listed at such high value did not sell for many years. Since I don’t visit eBay anymore I don’t know whether it was sold eventually

Don’t get your hopes up though - The eBay pipe was a Dunhill and painted by a supposedly well known painter

jlhog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Any idea what the white parts might be made of? I don't think plastic would be used around the bowl.

jlhog

Lurker
Feb 25, 2023
Thanks mods for moving to the proper subforum.

Is there anyway to tell if it is a souvenir/ decorative pipe? I would have thought everything 70 years ago was real. LOL