PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
This one was difficult to understand and now difficult to explain.

When you open the bag you are met with a pleasant, warm, inviting aroma. Take the invitation and load up a bowl, sit back, light up and get ready to explore and enjoy.

The tobaccos that you notice immediately are the Cavendish and Burley (more the Burley) and they keep the stage (in my opinion). You will notice the citrusy Virginia (it seemed to me to be on the milder side).

Take your time with this one to enjoy all the deep flavors added to the tobacco. You will find the spices easier find (I think it has cinnamon & clove). As far as exotic; I believe the fruits are fig? and mango or perhaps pineapple is in there.

It starts off strong but mellows quickly. However, that may have been caused by my lighter throwing off a huge flame, starting a lot of tobacco burning at once. I have adjusted my lighter since. The next time I smoke this blend I will see if the strong start changes.

There is a good sweetness (subtle, but good) to it that keeps it from being acidic from the fruit casing or topping.

I did not experience any bite, though I only had 3 bowls in a row to evaluate it.

What I really enjoyed was the after-taste when I was finished with the bowls. The after-taste stayed with me for about a half hour, perhaps a little longer.

I do suggest this one, but take your time to enjoy it and get accustomed to it. Then you will find an enjoyable all day smoke. You will find it to be a tasty adventure.

I still find it hard to believe that PLANTA is a German company. This is more of a blend I would expect from South America. After all how many times do you find a mango in Germany? But they have created a nice blend, I will continue to smoke and enjoy it.

Edwin

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
I like that the Planta blends are not overly moist and are on the drier side for Aromatics concerned. The flavor of Exotic Mixture is not quite as "Exotic" as the name might suggest, but not a bad blend by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.