PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

birddog

Lurker
May 25, 2014
Been searching the forums and I've been looking for places near metro Detroit. Preferably Macomb county to purchase good pipes; either corn cobs or briars. Anyone with suggestions? Would really appreciate it. Also a friendly place that doesn't mind me asking questions about tobacco and seeking advice.
Thanks everyone.

ocpsdan

Can't Leave
May 7, 2012
Michigan
I've looked, and never found any. Avoid Google searches, they're all dead ends in downtown. Try Paul's Pipe Shop in Flint.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
birddog:
I don't typically recommend having anything to do with metro Detroit -- or Michigan, for that matter, even though I'm stuck there -- but there's a suburban chain of Churchill's cigar stores that may stock a few pipes. The one I visited had very few pipes, but they had a very good selection of tinned blends, including all of the major names. Of course, I should mention that that was about five years ago; it's possible that much has changed since then.
Bob

puffy

Lifer
Dec 24, 2010
North Carolina
I left the Detroit area 20 years ago.When I lived there this was my favorite smoke shop.

Hill & Hill

19529 Mack Ave.

Grosse Pointe,Michigan

313-882-9452

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
There's nothing in Macomb county worth stopping at.
Jim Simon at Hill & Hill has a good selection of briars. but he only stocks his own blends, and not many of those, any more.

Churchill's only has one store, these days, in Birmingham.

All the other places in the tri-county area are basically smoke shops, AFAIK, although there's still the JR store on Northwestern Highway just south of 12 Mile. There's some Petersons in there, but not sure what else.

If you venture out a little bit, there's Maison Edwards in Ann Arbor, Campbell's in East Lansing, and Paul's in Flint. Paul's is legendary in the pipe world. Been in business for 85 years. Definitely worth a stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.