Pipes and Cigars Online Store. Never Again.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
My second half of my recent order arrived, and is interesting. The 6oz bag of MacB Va#1 looked and smelled as it has everyone I’ve gotten the bulk ready-rubbed.
However, this is supposed to be Coniston Cut Plug:View attachment 311989
It is very dry smells way more burley-ish than anything, and doesn’t smell (or look) like CCP bulk Over gotten previously elsewhere. Looks almost RYOish cut than any broken flake I’ve seen. And I’m not grasping how this could be 70+% dark Malawi.

This is chopped and rubbed CCP as I know it in my limited experience:
View attachment 311990

I’m not bashing, or jumping to conclusions-I do have an email in to them inquiring about the possibility of a mixup and how to rectify. I’ll follow up with a call if I don’t hear anything by Friday.
Perhaps y’all have seen Coniston in this form and I’m just being weird, but it doesn’t smell Kendal-y at all either.
Worst case scenario...bedding for Bob! 🐴 :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Sobrbiker

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
My second half of my recent order arrived, and is interesting. The 6oz bag of MacB Va#1 looked and smelled as it has everyone I’ve gotten the bulk ready-rubbed.
However, this is supposed to be Coniston Cut Plug:View attachment 311989
It is very dry smells way more burley-ish than anything, and doesn’t smell (or look) like CCP bulk Over gotten previously elsewhere. Looks almost RYOish cut than any broken flake I’ve seen. And I’m not grasping how this could be 70+% dark Malawi.

This is chopped and rubbed CCP as I know it in my limited experience:
View attachment 311990

I’m not bashing, or jumping to conclusions-I do have an email in to them inquiring about the possibility of a mixup and how to rectify. I’ll follow up with a call if I don’t hear anything by Friday.
Perhaps y’all have seen Coniston in this form and I’m just being weird, but it doesn’t smell Kendal-y at all either.

That is weird - doesn't look anything like CCP. I will say CCP has changed recently and not for the better. I bought a bag about a year/year and a half ago and while it looked like normal CCP, it had no sauce at all. I gave it all away. Could be QC issues at G&H.

LotusEater

Lifer
Apr 16, 2021
Kansas City Missouri
The only “bad” experience I’ve had with P&C involved a fairly large quantity of Kendal Flake. The flakes were in pretty rough shape, quite dry and had much less secret sauce than usual. I imagine this was probably a G&H QC issue and not due to anything P&C could control.