PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
Burlington WI
Mine came with the magnetic pipe holder, that goes on the large section. Which is neat, but it takes space away from preparing tobacco.

I got mine for the ease of traveling. Say from inside, to the patio, or garage. Folds right up.

Reactions: radrick96

danimalia

Lifer
Sep 2, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area, USA
A certain quality woodwork pipe smoking tray, costing around 90$-150$, has recently gained quite a following among pipe smokers on Facebook. Having stumbled upon a topic about said pipe tray in this forum as well, I decided to set out on a journey finding something equally useful but without the steep price tag (justified or not, too expensive for me personally).

So let me show you my poor man's version of a portable pipe tray, which was (unfortunately) produced for consuming other types of leaf, but looks quite nice nevertheless, costs just 35$ on Amazon and thankfully comes without any too obvious depictions of its original purpose.

It is foldable and held together by quite strong magnets, which have the additional benefit of holding pipe cleaners in place for the wind not to take them away when smoking outside.

View attachment 34825
View attachment 34824
View attachment 34826

Amazon.com: Discreet Kit Large Flip Bamboo Rolling Tray Stash Box Bundle with 11x9 Smell Proof Bag and Raw King Size Rolling Papers (Flip Tray): Health & Personal Care - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082LPTM44/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_JmX-EbK4JZ5MW
Looks real nice. Especially with that beautiful morta dog on it! I know some guys are self conscious about being associated with weed stuff, but if it works well for pipes or whatever, what's the big deal?

Ryszard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 5, 2019
Europe
Mine came with the magnetic pipe holder, that goes on the large section. Which is neat, but it takes space away from preparing tobacco.

I got mine for the ease of traveling. Say from inside, to the patio, or garage. Folds right up.

Looks good! I don't really use that magnetic cigarette holder thing myself - it takes up too much space indeed.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
For anyone who wants and would use a tray, this is an excellent and cost effective answer, though you could be a billionaire and still enjoy saving a few bucks and looking at this handsome item. My habits and way of smoking just don't require a tray, however I have made several similar adaptations that serve my purposes exactly. I have a pottery tea cup without a handle that adeptly collects my spent matches in a fire-safety sort of way, and a small rectangular condiment dish in bright red from Walmart that serves precisely for my ash tray, perfect in size for my particular ash accumulation in terms of my smoking and ash emptying schedule. I have a wooden golf tee (though I don't play golf) that hides on the upper shelf and serves as my tamper when I happen to be in the kitchen. These and a strategic small basket or two serve well as pipe and accessory holders, and i have always valued a cheap nylon toilet kit from Walmart as a tactically shrew pipe carrier for travel that dissuades theft by looking like all they'd get is my deodorant and toothpaste, not the lovely leather carrier I also have and use, but a good deception, which also does not look like a firearm carrier for vehicle travel. A small but energetic percent of the population will steal anything for their own use, but mostly to resell. They don't care if the victim is poor, handicapped, very elderly, or what. They just wanna-wanna-wanna.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I like the pictures of these pipe trays.

I find that a 8" x 8" piece of leather works just as well to contain the tobacco.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
Nothing wrong with using a Frisbee. Been using one for years.
raw-flying-disc-tray_3.jpg

Guppy

Might Stick Around
Sep 6, 2019
Texas
If you want to be fancy, silver plated dishes can often be had for cheap at junk stores. Picked up a 12” engraved plate for $1. A little polish and it definitely classes up the back porch ;)

Reactions: radrick96

radrick96

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 4, 2020
Orlando, Florida
I
If you want to be fancy, silver plated dishes can often be had for cheap at junk stores. Picked up a 12” engraved plate for $1. A little polish and it definitely classes up the back porch ;)
I almost did that. Then I saw a fake silver dish made from plastic at the dollar store and bought one!

Status
Not open for further replies.