PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DamienPiper

Lurker
Jul 17, 2021
Moscow
Hello! I’m planning on going to Belgrade, Serbia for some time. Maybe there are some Serbs here or some tourists who might be be able to help out. I was wondering, how is the pipe culture in this country? Are there many tobacco brands for sale? If not, do big sites like cupojoe’s or smokingpipes ship there? Thanks in advance!

Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
Actually, If You are lucky You may be able to find some generic type of European OTC aromatics at the newsagents /grocery stores, as for the prices of pipe tobacco my understanding is that will be in the 7-10e price range for a pouch, but generally people in the Balkan region are renowned for their love for cigarettes, their domestic brand cigarettes are quite enjoyable&tasty

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
I think you will find it easy to exist there as a pipe smoker. It is not a coincidence that we have a whole genre called “Balkan Blends.” Plus, some friends of mine who are ‘committed’ smokers have been happy in neighboring Croatia.

karam

Lifer
Feb 2, 2019
Basel, Switzerland
My wife is Serbian and I've spent a fair amount of time in that country. Overall great people, very hospitable. There's basically next to zero pipe culture though, and pipe tobacco offerings are few and far between - Captain Black and Clan is what you're likely to find.
On the other hand, Serbia is VERY cheap for a "westerner", their flea markets occasionally hold real treasures for peanuts.

Hillcrest

Lifer
Dec 3, 2021
Bagshot Row, Hobbiton
There is a guy on Ebay that sells some very nice collectible pipes from Serbia. I've never bought from him but he has an approval rating; maybe he has a shop you could check out.

kcghost

Lifer
May 6, 2011
Olathe, Kansas
There's a guy name under Janus who operates a YouTube channel which I believe is Serbian based which is called Pipe&Tobak. Many of these are in English but the majority are in Serbian. Janus speaks very good English. Send him a message and I am sure he will reply.

• Wow
Reactions: anotherbob