PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our featured interview on tonight's Pipes Magazine Radio Show is with pipe maker J. Mouton. Jason was born, raised, and currently resides in Gueydan, Louisiana. He started smoking cigars and then pipes. He is a carpenter and wood turner that likes to make duck calls. This led to making tampers, and that naturally led to making pipes. He makes both classic and freehand shapes. In Pipe Parts, we will have an Ask the Tobacco Blender segment with Jeremy Reeves. Jeremy is the Head Blender at Cornell & Diehl, which is one of the most popular boutique pipe tobacco companies in the USA.

The show airs every Tuesday at 8:00pm eastern US time, and can be found at PipesMagazine.com and all podcast apps.

j.mouton.jpg

Brewfan

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 5, 2021
Louisville, KY, USA
I always enjoy the pipe maker interviews as they turn me on the work of artists I'm probably not yet aware of. I always find their work on the interwebs after the show to stalk their work a bit. When I checked out Jason's Instagram, I knew this was a commission I had to have. I'm doing my part to keep him off the fishing pond and in the workshop.

May 9, 2021
Geoje Island South Korea
Hi Brian, another great show.
Really enjoying the interviews with Jeremy, his positiona t C&D is certainly justified, he really does know his craft.

Nice interview with J Mouton, some great looking pipes he makes too. I really felt for him when he was describing polishing the ocean jasper stone and discovering, after making the first ring, that the whole stone was flawed, damn that's bad luck! At least with briar, if there's a flaw in the wood it can be blasted.
Enjoyed the music, who couldn't?

Thanks for the show, always a pleasure. Never a chore!
Cliff - Honkytonk Man.