PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

leo G.

Lurker
Jul 10, 2024
Good evening, i recently stumbled upon a a pipe that caught my eye on a flea market but I'm not sure what type of pipe it may be and if i made a good deal. I've been told it may be a Bavarian hunter's pipe but I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated 1720631865706.png1720631998339.png

Reactions: pipenschmoeker123

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest
Good evening, i recently stumbled upon a a pipe that caught my eye on a flea market but I'm not sure what type of pipe it may be and if i made a good deal. I've been told it may be a Bavarian hunter's pipe but I'm not entirely sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated View attachment 323129View attachment 323130
It looks like it's in the style of a hunter's pipe but I don't know if I've seen them carved from wood. I'm sure someone smarter than me will chime in with a better answer.

Humblepipe

Lifer
Sep 13, 2019
Guerneville, CA
Not having the pipe in my hands... I'd say it was a novelty/souvenir kinda pipe. It does not look like it is made of briar. It is made in the old German style hunting pipe, as AroEnglish said. The only thing throwing somewhat is the bit/stem. It's very rough and does look to have an orific style bit. Maybe it was added later and made by hand? Not sure...

leo G.

Lurker
Jul 10, 2024
Not having the pipe in my hands... I'd say it was a novelty/souvenir kinda pipe. It does not look like it is made of briar. It is made in the old German style hunting pipe, as AroEnglish said. The only thing throwing somewhat is the bit/stem. It's very rough and does look to have an orific style bit. Maybe it was added later and made by hand? Not sure...
Thank you verry much, i never noticed the stem like that, it does indeed have a different texture