Status
Not open for further replies.

admin

Smoking a Pipe Right Now
Staff member
Nov 16, 2008
St. Petersburg, FL
pipesmagazine.com
Our Featured Interview on The Pipes Magazine Radio Show tonight is with Pipe Collector, Dr. of Pipes, and former President of The United Pipe Clubs of America, Vernon Vig. Vernon is a retired attorney. He is 80-years old, and has been to pipe shops and shows all over the world, and has lots of great stories. In the Pipe Parts segment, Brian will give us a trip report on last weekend's Chicago Pipe Show.

vernon-vig.jpg

skaukatt

Can't Leave
I eagerly look forward to listening!
I have learned more form this man than any person in the pipe and tobacco community and, I do not only mean about pipes and tobacco. There is the highest caliber of "Gentleman" within Mr. Vig that I could only ever hope for in myself; what an example to aspire to for me! If I could be even a quarter of the caliber of Pres. to the NY Pipe Club as Mr. Vig was, I'd be so much the better for it as would our members. He's my mentor and, if the late, great Tom Dunn is the "Patron Saint", (my designation), of our community, then Mr. Vig is what I like to call the "Ambassador" of our community to the world!
You could not have selected a better subject for the interview.
Thank you for all you have done for me, the NY Pipe Club and the community of pipe and tobacco smokers and collectors world-wide.
Congratulations, Mr. Vig, on being honored with the highly coveted "Dr. of Pipes" award at this, 2017 Chicago Pipe Show, you deserve it my friend, mentor and brother of the briar!
Lou

7ach

Can't Leave
Sep 10, 2013
Looking forward to it. I alway enjoy talking to him at the nj/ny pipe events and usally go straight to his table to see what wonderful pipes/tobacco he is passing along.

M

mothernaturewilleatusallforbreakfast

Listening to Mr. Vig talk about the pipe shops he's visited around the world was a real treat. He painted a picture that made me smile. :puffy:

Status
Not open for further replies.