PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Greetings Pipers! Just thought I'd take a break from my long-form essays and just post a quick update on my burgeoning pipe collection! Without further ado...

IMG_4242.jpeg

From top to bottom in the left column: Savinelli 606KS Bent Billiard Blue Alligator 6mm, Peterson Deluxe Classic 999 Terracotta Bent Rhodesian P-Lip, Stanwell Hans Christian Andersen VII Smooth Churchwarden-Bent Egg (with standard and churchwarden stems included), Boswell 2024 Graceful Swirls Nose-Warmer, Missouri Meerschaum Bent Apple Diplomat Corn Cob 6mm.

And top to bottom in the right column: Missouri Meerschaum Old Dominion Jamestowne Clay Pipe, Mark Tinsky 2023 Christmas Pipe 2-Star Bengal Bent Bulldog, Savinelli 673KS Oceano Rusticated 6mm, Peterson Irish Harp 80s Sandblasted Fishtail, and Peterson System Spigot B42 Smooth P-Lip.

Variety is the spice of life! I love each of them for their unique personalities (caveat: I haven't tried the cob or the clay yet).

I am already eyeing a nicely-carved Meerschaum and a "Strider" churchwarden, and I'd love to own pipes from Castello, Parker, Chacom, Ivarsson, Sir Jacopo, and a traditional Japanese Kisuro some day.

Last edited:

Manawydan

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 24, 2024
Southern California, US
Very nice collection, my kind of pipes, and very well taken care of.
I did that too when I was first starting out!
Thanks! I am sure as my collection continues to grow the upkeep will suffer. :) It's like when I buy a new car and wash it diligently every month for the first six months and then maybe once a year after that.