PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Recently I picked up a tin of Peterson Balkan Delight that has an older-style label on the front. The back label has a 4 letter code "TCPEBD", which looks like one used by Kohlhase and Kopp but doesn't match up with any of their other codes. I was trying to determine the production date, but Googling and using an otherwise very cool Excel-based tobacco tin dating tool didn't help a lot.
Using my prodigious powers of deductive reasoning, I determined that "PEBD" in the code stands for Peterson Balkan Delight. I can't figure out the "TC" part.
Here are the labels. Your input is appreciated.
img_20190224_2143001-600x600.jpg

img_20190224_214311-600x600.jpg

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
Balkan Delight is one of the fairly recent additions to the Peterson lineup. I don't think it existed as recently as five years ago.

gerryp

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 8, 2018
Arabi, LA
Ok thanks Jud. After you posted I found a forum post from 5 years ago discussing its release.
I think maybe the tin I have was made by STG and distributed by Kohlhase and Kopp, and all of my newer Peterson tins have a similar code that does not include a date.
I guess the only way to narrow it down at all is to find out when they changed the label, which I assume was within the last couple years.

Status
Not open for further replies.