PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
Looking to buy a peterson pipe with my christmas money. any suggestions on which one?

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
Depends on how much you want to spend .Check out Smokingpipes.com and pipesandcigars.com

Both have a good selection. As it's Christmas money why not get the limited edition Christmas pipe?

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
That's a tuff one, they're all nice. But in the $100 range, I'd go with one of their "Dry" Standard System pipes with P-Lip. Inovations Peterson is noted for and one of their biggest sellers.

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I agree with puffinstuff except for this: I would go with a good, well restored estate pipe for your first.

Why?

1. It's already broken in. Mid and low range Petersons take a WHILE.

2. If you got it for a reasonable price, when you tire of it you can probably sell it for the same amount.

chuckw

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 7, 2009
A quick snapshot of Peterson pricing.

Entry lelvel pipes will run from about $75 to $125.

The mid level pipes from $125 to $250.

High grade pipes from $250 to $700.

Multi pipes sets from about $200 to $1000

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
looking at $100 to $150 range. the 2010 christmas is $100 at my store. ill look into that dry standard too. thanks guys

ulsterpaddy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 22, 2010
as for the estate pipes im not to sure or comfortable with buying one yet. im still starting out and i want to have the fun of working a pipe in on my own. but thanks for the suggestion. ill get into that stuff later in my pipe career im sure.

thomc80

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2010
Ive never attmepted it. For me i love knowing that im the first one to every smoke my pipe.

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
I got some great Peterson's on E bay for less than $50.00. I just was patient and waited to the very last seconds to bid.
Forrest

chlogeo3

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 27, 2010
Please excuse the double post but I have to mention they were all Estate pipes.

viceroy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 22, 2010
I have not smoked a bad Peterson, ok I only have two but I love them both. I recomend one with a fish tail bit. I dont have a system but it all depends on your likes.

rls80

Lurker
Jan 2, 2011
Good choice on the Kinsale! I've got the xl12 smooth, hangs nicely in the mouth too. I recommend one!

flipflopsandshades

Can't Leave
Dec 12, 2010
Post pics of your pipe please. I actually thought about buying one of these models but I have this phobia about buying something that I cannot at least look at IRL.

searock

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 15, 2010
I have a theory: You're all crazy about Petersons because you're a bunch of Irishmen. And I'm not crazy about Petersons because my ancestors were English and spent their time slaughtering Irishmen... :lol:

puffintuff

Can't Leave
Dec 14, 2010
Oh, you opened up a can of worms with that one, searock. I'll just sit back and watch the show. By the way, here's my new Peterson, you limey bastard.

Status
Not open for further replies.