PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
I have several Petersons, mostly standard systems but some Sherlock Holmes pieces that I like quite well enough. None seem to be 9mm.

However, I've come across a Peterson I'm interested in (estate) but it has a 9mm and I'm uncertain if that will make it significantly different to me. (I know, really only trial will tell...)

I've smoked other 9mm pipes, some I like well enough and smoke sometimes.

For some reason I'm concerned that 9mm in a Peterson pipe will somehow throw me off and it just won't work "right" for me.

Any reasonable comments other than I have to try for myself to see? Any consistent quality or performance difference that can be elucidated on the matter of these as a rule?

Cheers.
And thanks

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I've got a few 9mm filtered Pete's... They smoke just fine, don't worry about it.

I will say though, that they smoke better with a balsa wood filter or a corn husk filter than they do with the Peterson charcoal cans. That's just my .02

Reactions: seanv

seanv

Lifer
Mar 22, 2018
Canada
I've got a few 9mm filtered Pete's... They smoke just fine, don't worry about it.

I will say though, that they smoke better with a balsa wood filter or a corn husk filter than they do with the Peterson charcoal cans. That's just my .02
Agreed on the Balsa filter, much better than charcoal and they work good in cobs too. I have 2 9mm peterson pipes and both are great smokers.