PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

rotschefeller

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 27, 2012
Köln, Germany
My second stop on my tour of my surrounding tobacconists led me to the somewhat more well known (at least here in Germany) Peter Heinrich in Köln.
This place was pretty big. It was actually 2 buildings on the same city block with one other building in between them (I guess he couldn't get ahold of the real estate) and according to the name, "Haus der 10,000 Pfeifen" (House of 10,000 Pipes) there is a large but predictable number of pipes there. In the main building there is also an upstairs level with cigars.
There are indeed, A LOT of pipes there. I spent almost 3 hours there with my brother in-law just looking at pipes and we barely scratched the surface. I could have spent just as much time picking out a few tobaccos if we hadn't ran out of time.
I talked with Peter a little bit and he was very nice. Only problem is that since his store is large and busy, he doesn't have time to deal with all of the customers himself and has several (significantly less friendly) employees.
Overall it was a fun visit, a lot of you could probably spend a whole day in there looking at the huge selection of pipes. The tobaccos that I bought there are enjoyable to smoke as well.
Peter Heinrich's (EN)

Status
Not open for further replies.