PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IMG_9776.png

I just ordered this from SmokingPipes. It was on their estate section and listed as unsmoked.

This is kind of a signature if you will from Pete Prevost. He doesn’t make them often, because it’s difficult to find the right briar for it and carving it in general is tricky.

As I’m collecting American artisan pipes I felt like this was a must in the collection. A fantastic example from one of the top American carvers.

Can’t wait for it to get here! Will share more pics when it does.

Anyone else have a swan from Pete?

May 3, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
IMG_9786.jpegIMG_9787.jpegIMG_9789.jpegIMG_9790.jpeg

It arrived! I love it! It’s a very compact pipe at just under 4” in length. What’s amazing is how many intricate curves and transitions there are to it. Seeing it in person I have a better understand of why it takes so long for Pete to make this shape and why he doesn’t make many of them.

What I find incredible is it’s stamped 2017 and it’s unsmoked. How anyone could purchase this and not enjoy its intended purpose is beyond me.

I’m very happy to add this to my collection. It’s somewhat of a staple of Pete’s. He’s definitely one of the top American carvers if not in the world. On top of that he’s a great guy.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
SE WI
How is it for clenching/hanging? I personally wouldnt buy something with a bend like that, it just looks weird to me. But I've never tried one with....a straight bend.....thing.

AroEnglish

Rehabilitant
Jan 7, 2020
PMF Recovery Center
What I find incredible is it’s stamped 2017 and it’s unsmoked. How anyone could purchase this and not enjoy its intended purpose is beyond me.
I could imagine being this person in that I saved the money to buy the pipe then realize I shouldn't be owning a pipe that cost this much so I held onto it and eventually sold it. I wouldn't have gone through SP to sell it though.