PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeardonBoards

Lurker
Jan 12, 2021
Cleveland, OH
I broke open my jar of D-9507 that I got in a big order from Peretti. I was picking up their 150th, Thanksgiving blend, and No. 8 slices in bulk and figured I would grab a few other samples to try. D-9507 is the first I tried in this list. As a relatively new pipe smoker (15 bowls), I am still learning how to describe the flavors and what it is like so bear with me.

Tin Note: After opening this and letting it sit out for a bit, I noticed your typical English scent with a bit of sweetness. But, there was a sickly sweetness or pungency to it that almost made me not smoke it. Glad I didn't listen to those initial thoughts.

First Smoke: Let it sit for an hour. Used my bones bulldog for this one. German packing method. Stayed pretty well lit until the end. Figured I probably need more drying time.

Taste: This is supposed to have a bit of a spice to it having some perique. With my experience with EMP orientals I expected a back of the throat spice as well. But I was met by a sweetness that came through. Not overly so, but a pleasant light sweetness. It's what I expected from 1-Q but didn't get. I am excited to try more bowls to see if I just grabbed too much of the Cav in the jar. Or maybe a bit more drying time will bring out the other flavors.

What are your thoughts on this blend?

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Just ordered English Crown blend from there as well. Great place was there back in 2018 and they sold me a ferndown. Real old school tobacco shop.

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
Just ordered English Crown blend from there as well. Great place was there back in 2018 and they sold me a ferndown. Real old school tobacco shop.
Crown is a very nice English aromatic. It has a little bit of soapy quality which makes it different than their other English blends.

fjc623

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 24, 2014
New York
Crown is a very nice English aromatic. It has a little bit of soapy quality which makes it different than their other English blends.
Thanks I hope it not too much soapy was looking for a English blend with something sweet mixed I understand this blend had some cavendish in there .

Status
Not open for further replies.