6 Fresh Savinelli Autograph Pipes
108 Fresh Savinelli Pipes
18 Fresh Neerup Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

IMO, Penzance is definitely worth trying, but not worth stocking up on. It is my favorite, of the most unique among Esotericas line up. The rest, either I can think of something that I like better, or just comes across as another aromatic to me. Worth trying or sampling these blends, but before someone goes hog wild, blowing their wad, just think about it... would you drop a fortune on any other aromatic?

Other than that, have at it boys!

Jun 23, 2019
New round tin Penzance among the latest drop at my local B&M. There was even a small amount of Stonehaven. I’ll report back on how it is soon.View attachment 339666

Cheeky haul, enjoy!

- - -

With regards to everyone's comments about availability, I would not be surprised if we start seeing more of them on the shelves of B&Ms moving forward (at least for a little while). The significant shrink in demand from China should mean we see more of them Stateside.

hoipolloiglasgow

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 14, 2023
United States
Wait, you're from Alabama? Did the title change on this thread?
Yes it did and I never wrote Alabama. Something screwy is going on with the mods when the caps got edited. And for what it’s worth, the Penzance and Stonehaven will of course still likely be hard to get because it was only a hand full of tins and they went very quickly. I was only able to snag the one. I agree with you on the Esoterica stuff, but they are pretty unique to them and that’s what I like about them. Never have I tried 1820 nor Penzance so I can’t comment on those. Do I expect Penzance to be the best blend I’ve ever had…? No. I have to say, I really look forward to trying the 1820 as well.

Last edited:

hoipolloiglasgow

Oct 14, 2023
United States
Cool! I'll check with my local guys and see if any has made it this way. Thanks for the heads up.

Count me as one of the thousands(?) who'd love to try it but can't justify paying more than retail, you know?
No problem. I’ve noticed a few B&Ms from browsing the web have had their drops as well. Very happy to see Penzance and Stonehaven back.

Last edited:
Reactions: KruegerFlap
Do I expect Penzance to be the best blend I’ve ever had…? No.
Agreed, not the best, but for a latakia blend, it has this ever changing incense-like flavor. It is unique, but it will depend on your taste whether it is the best.

Edit, so these are from the Briary?
Curious, how the mod knew that you were from Alabama.

Reactions: KruegerFlap

hoipolloiglasgow

Oct 14, 2023
United States
Agreed, not the best, but for a latakia blend, it has this ever changing incense-like flavor. It is unique, but it will depend on your taste whether it is the best.

Edit, so these are from the Briary?
Curious, how the mod knew that you were from Alabama.
As a huge fan of Latakia, I feel like I’m going to rather enjoy it. I wonder how many years they let their blends sit in their tins? It must be well over three years due to the coloration of the paper unless that’s from a casing. Looks very much like good age. I love the English treacle, plums, and licorice flavorings they use. There’s really nothing quite like them.

Auxsender

Lifer
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Cheeky haul, enjoy!

- - -

With regards to everyone's comments about availability, I would not be surprised if we start seeing more of them on the shelves of B&Ms moving forward (at least for a little while). The significant shrink in demand from China should mean we see more of them Stateside.
Earnest question:
Why has Chinese demand diminished?

Reactions: ThermionicScott