PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Who here collects or makes pens? I do a little of both. Currently my favorite pen is the bottom one in this picture.

20121216181835.jpg

Buckeye burl is the wood. Top one is a black and white acrylic.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
As a woodturner, I have lost count of how many pens I have made over the years. Tampers are FAR easier. They make great gifts for graduates.
Winton
FYI, I just hit 900 posts.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Need to try a tamper still. Need to acquire some brass. Have some beautiful exotic pen blanks that would be great for tampers.

crk69

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 30, 2012
I have a friend who is a woodturner.. She made me these two pens, top one with deer antler, bottom with elk antler:
16ghe1.jpg

And these three cigar punches, top two are deer antler, bottom one is acrylic:
juitsm.jpg

She is fixing to start trying her hand at pipe tampers, will post a photo of it when I get one..

mctrav

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 26, 2012
Long Island
I used to collect but money was diverted to other hobbies. My treasures are an old Mont Blanc meisterstuck that I inherited from my grandfather and a new Mont Blanc fountain pen.

tjameson

Lifer
Jun 16, 2012
Not the same style but my wife makes feather quills, she has a shop on etsy called The Avid Writer.

joeahearn

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 30, 2012
I have a small collection of fountain pens, as I prefer to write with them. I have a 1957 Pelikan that is terrific. I don't really collect pens--I just keep a small group for writing and editing by hand. Mostly Pelikans and Parkers.

organizedmadman

Can't Leave
Nov 8, 2011
Louisville, Ky
I too have a small collection of fountian pens, nothing too extravagant though. Just good reliable workhorse pens, around 20 in all, a Twsbi, a couple Lamy's and a handful of Kaweco's to name a few. I have to choose between pens and pipes...pipes usually win...most of the time, but not always. If I'm not one here, you'll usually see me on fountainpennetwork.com

Status
Not open for further replies.