PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesee75

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Well I finally completed the restore on the Royal Danish. Came out pretty good. I always find it hard to get a rusticated to pop but the big success on this pipe was the stem as you see from my previous post in Part 1.

Part 1 Stanwell Second Royal Danish 910 Restore Stem Lip

http://pipesmagazine.com/forums/topic/part-1-stanwell-second-royal-danish-910-restore-stem-lip#post-391233
Finished Stem

img_8616-600x207.jpg

img_8620-600x400.jpg

Finished Pipe

img_8611-600x255.jpg

img_8617-600x425.jpg

jah76

Lifer
Jun 27, 2012
Excellent stem restoration Jonesee!
You've given me a bit of confidence to try it.

jonesee75

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Get yourself a small set of files, 800/1500/2000 wet grit sandpaper. Tripoli wax and a buffing wheel. All of this costs less than $35.00 and it will last you a while.

anticlimacus

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
I just bought this pipe on ebay from Jonesee and after looking at these pics and his effort he put into this pipe. I'm very honored to have this pipe. I'm a poor grad student, a new smoker and I'm just in aw with the kind of work he did to this pipe.
Thanks Jonesee for your efforts, this pipe is going to be well taken care of! (and smoked hehehe)

anticlimacus

Lurker
Feb 18, 2013
This is a pipe I'd past down to my offspring and the primary reason why I got into this hobby. It's appreciating people's hard work and dedication in restoring these works of art. Thanks for the warm welcome rothnh, I'm loving the community on this site!

jonesee75

Might Stick Around
Mar 13, 2013
Panama City Beach, FL
Anticlimacus,

Thanks for the purchase. I was on the fence about selling this pipe because I was so happy in how it came out. I was surprised to see a post about one of the pipes I have refurbished. I will be mailing your pipe out today. Let me know what you like to smoke and I will throw in some baccy samples, If I don't hear from you before I mail it out, don't worry there will be about 5 samples in there anyway.

Cheers,
Steve

yazamitaz

Lifer
Mar 1, 2013
So Anti, you prefer the Tripoli wax over carnauba? I just bought a buffing wheel and it came with Tripoli. I am sure it's not the best quality but it will get me started.
Great work sir, I hope one day I can start refurbing with results like this.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.